Message Boards

Canadian Money and Tax Matters
Moderator is Wayne Morris

Date: 1/2/2009 6:07:12 AM
Frequently Asked Questions
Author: DS Country Flag
Subject: 3292/9278 - Who's name to use...?
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>
I'm new to DRiPing, Stocks,...self investing.
Like Spousal RRSP's, I'm thinking it only makes sense to do all of my/our DRiPing in my wife's name, as well as setting up the Discount Brokerage account in her name as well?
My income is 3x my wife's and I will have a pension after 30yrs. She will have a tiny, if any pension, as she will retire when I do.

So as I ask ?'d in the beginning, should we do all of our DRiPing and Investing in my wife's name as her income is substantially less than mine? Tax's now and Retirement?

Thanks, Dave.
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>

Support DIRC - Buy Amazon
Books purchased through the links in the Books section help support this website.
Even if you do not buy the linked book, any purchase where you originally got to through the link is beneficial.
Your support is appreciated.

Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 4
  Location: AT gmail DOT com
  Fav. Companies: Ones that make me money. REIT's, Banks
  Inv. Style: I'm new.
  Website 1 : This one I'm learning lots
(Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21961)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39188)      Beginners Corner (19550)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4892)   
   Stock Talk (19931)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)      Share Exchange (35167)   
   Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts (3410)      Bugs and Recommendations (3159)