Message Boards

Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts
Moderator is Dianne Dachyshyn

Date: 1/7/2009 4:14:41 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
Author: millsforester Country Flag
Subject: 10/3414 - Re: First Question
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>

Yes I still have a full service broker that I rarely use. My RSP is self-directed however.

Reasons for keeping my TD Waterhouse Account? I like being able to call up someone in the markey occassionally and talk to a person regarding direction and options. Also it's a means of keeping accounts physically seperate (I bank with CIBC, RSP is with Royal Bank and broke is TD) so I can keep better track of what I'm doing with my money. Call it financial planning and identity theft buffers.

<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>

Support DIRC - Buy Amazon
Books purchased through the links in the Books section help support this website.
Even if you do not buy the linked book, any purchase where you originally got to Amazon.com through the link is beneficial.
Your support is appreciated.

Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 0
  Fav. Companies: Endbrige, Suncor, Emera, Talisman, BMO, BNS, Riocan
  Inv. Style: learning

(Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21962)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39192)      Beginners Corner (19550)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4894)   
   Canadian Money and Tax Matters (9278)      Stock Talk (19931)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)   
   Share Exchange (35174)      Bugs and Recommendations (3159)