The Dividend Investing Resource Center

Letting Dividends Do Their Work

Message Boards

DRiPs for Canadian Investors

Moderator is Robert D. Gibb

Date: 1/20/2019 11:04:53 AM
Author: Wayneman Country Flag
Subject: 39133/39422 - Re: best way to cashout of Drips?
<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>


The transfer agent will sell some shares for you and mail you a cheque, but only for those companies that allow it, not all.

For the rest, the transfer agent will mail you a certificate for the whole shares and a cheque for the fractions.

Take the certificate to your broker and deposit it. Then you can sell on the market when you want.
A number of discount brokers will do so without any charge. I have used Royal Bank's Direct Action and all I did was take it to the bank and they sent it to Toronto headquarters via their own courier service.
<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>
Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 20
  Location: eastern Canada
  Fav. Companies: DRiPS: BNS, TRP,
  Inv. Style: Aggressive. I hold Stocks, DRIPs, RRIF, TFSA, REITs, options, and margin accounts with TD WebBroker, RBC DI, and Virtual Brokers.
  Website 2 : Canadian stock quotes

This website is maintained by George L Smyth