Message Boards

Beginners Corner
Moderator is drppingsoprano

Date: 1/1/2009 9:36:03 PM
~ Frequently Asked Questions ~
Author: Bert Country Flag
Subject: 12272/19564 - IPL Certificate Signature
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>
I am planning to pass on a certificate for one unit of Inter Pipeline Fund.

I have a question about signatures required on the back of the certificate.

At the top of the certificate there is an area to fill out the info on the transferee and for the current owner to sign with signature guarantee. However, below this area is a place for the signature of the transferee, after a paragraph that begins: "The above-named transferee accepts this transfer and agrees to be bound, as a party to and as a Unitholder in the Partnership by the terms of the agreement, .....".

My question is: Do I have to get the Transferee to sign the certificate in the indicated space?

I called Computershare twice and neither clerk was able to provide an answer. I do not recall signing an agreement when I obtained my starter share.

Does anyone know if I have to get the Transferee to sign the certificate before it goes to the TA?

Thanks,
Bert

<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>
Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 0
  Fav. Companies: email: mgoodine(AT)nbnet.nb.ca

(Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21972)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39250)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4894)      Canadian Money and Tax Matters (9305)   
   Stock Talk (19947)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)      Share Exchange (35203)   
   Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts (3419)      Bugs and Recommendations (3159)