Your Location For Dividend Reinvesting Information

Message Boards

Stock Talk

Moderator is Kathy Courtney

Date: 1/2/2009 6:21:24 PM
Author: jdmoodie Country Flag
Subject: 15313/19950 - Re: TFSA - TFTA, another hitch

<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>

Yes, options are... an option. Trouble is I am looking at day trading so I am not going to even think about trying to get into options on that small a time scale.

If I really wanted to play long and short I would just trade an index fund of one form or another that has a bear and bull version HXU and HXD for example. That way I can go long for, or against, the market. I need to look at these ETFs again to see if this is a workable solution for me...I like shorts. I did some testing with them in the past for a secure hedge entry plan. I am just not sure that they track like a stock in the short term trades.

I can run my two accounts in the same software and just switch between the two. long in TFTA and short in the regular margin account. It just means paying full marginal tax on the shorts and none on the long...I need to consider if it is still work the trouble to do so or just go with the long plan....I am leaning towards the long plan.

Jeff.

<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>

Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 0
  Fav. Companies: DRiPs: BMO, FTS, REI.UN, PGF.UN, Daytrades: I've lost track
  Inv. Style: Day, swing, momentum, options, futures, trading currently.
  Website 1 : tradingmood@gmail.com it's my email
  Website 2 : http://the-stock-trading-mood.blogspot.com/ My blog, by request

Your Unread Messages (Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21977)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39263)      Beginners Corner (19577)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4894)   
   Canadian Money and Tax Matters (9305)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)      Share Exchange (35240)   
   Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts (3421)      Bugs and Recommendations (3169)   

This website is maintained by George L Smyth