By using the Message Boards you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The content on this site is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and is the property of the owner of this website. Here is a good explanation of Copyright Law and the Internet. By maintaining ownership, outside sources will not be allowed to copy the full contents of any message without proper attribution and context, as well as permission from the poster.
Participation on the message boards requires mutual respect amongst all participants. Varied opinions are welcome, as this generates discussion and allows us to learn from the possibilities. Disrespect will not be tolerated, and offending messages will be removed.
The moderator is given control of the messages on the board to which they are assigned. Their decision to remove a message is their own. Below are possible reasons for removing a message:
• Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
• Material that one does not have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
• Links to sexually explicit material;
• Misrepresentation of your affiliation with a person or entity;
• Intentional violations of the laws, rules, and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the national or other securities exchanges, especially and including the rule against making false or misleading statements to manipulate the price of any security;
• Intentional violation of any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using the message boards;
The moderator may at any time, without prior notice and at their sole discretion, remove any post. The Webmaster may terminate your membership for violating the above provisions. You agree to indemnify and hold the website and its owner harmless from any actions, claims, proceedings, or liabilities arising out of your violation of these terms and conditions. You're responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password.
The purpose of the Message Boards is to discuss ideas related to DRiP Investing. There is no requirement that consensus on a topic be found, and dissenting opinions are solicited. Respectful conversation gives everyone an opportunity to learn of the possibilities and form their own opinions.
Whenever possible, document the reasons behind your opinions. A simple statement that a company may be a good additional to one's DRiP portfolio is not nearly as helpful as the reasons behind why one believes this to be so. If you wish to reference a Web page within a message, this can be done by entering "http://" before the address. This can be very helpful to other readers.
It is natural that some discussions will wander into other areas, such as sock puppets and the price of the Canadian Dollar. There is nothing wrong with this.
Posts containing all upper case letters are more difficult to read than traditional text. Posts containing all lower case letters are similarly difficult to read.
Keep in mind that the contents of all available messages can be read by anyone in the world with a computer and Internet connection. If you wish to use abrasive language, please contact the Webmaster, and you will be sent the addresses of several proper websites where this is acceptable.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact the Webmaster.