Message Boards

Beginners Corner
Moderator is drppingsoprano

Date: 1/21/2018 7:32:38 AM
Frequently Asked Questions
Author: Wayneman Country Flag
Subject: 19482/19558 - Re: selling shares?
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>
Best way is to sell them through a discount broker account.

How ?
-Request a certificate from the Transfer Agent.
-They will mail it to your home. No charge.
-Take the certificate to the discount broker (e.g. a bank, like Royal Bank)
-Transfer it over to your broker, requires signature guarantee.
-They will send it by internal courier to their headquarters. No charge.
-A few days later it should be in your account.
-Watch the market and sell it when the price is to your liking.

Be sure to use a broker that does not charge a fee for depositing it. (Some do.)
<= Previous              Post Response              Post New              Next =>

Support DIRC - Buy Amazon
Books purchased through the links in the Books section help support this website.
Even if you do not buy the linked book, any purchase where you originally got to through the link is beneficial.
Your support is appreciated.

Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 6
  Location: eastern Canada
  Fav. Companies: DRiPS: BNS, TRP,
  Inv. Style: Aggressive. I hold Stocks, DRIPs, RRIF, TFSA, REITs, options, and margin accounts with TD WebBroker, RBC DI, and Virtual Brokers.
  Website 2 : Canadian stock quotes
(Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21971)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39237)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4894)      Canadian Money and Tax Matters (9298)   
   Stock Talk (19939)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)      Share Exchange (35190)   
   Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts (3417)      Bugs and Recommendations (3159)