The DRiP Investing Resource Center

Your Location For Dividend Reinvesting Information

Message Boards

Canadian Money and Tax Matters

Moderator is Wayne Morris

Date: 1/2/2009 9:15:48 AM
Author: Billiam Country Flag
Subject: 3296/9305 - Re: Who's name to use...?
<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>


If your looking to have your wife registered as the sole owner of the accounts as long as she is the contributor to the funds for investment there should be no issue. This is actually a strategy widely used for effective income splitting.

However, if you plan to fund the contributions on her behalf for accounts in here name soley then the attribution rules under the income tax act will apply so best to be aware of their implications.

<= Previous    Post Response    Post New    Next =>
Author Profile
  Number of Messages Past Six Months: 0
Your Unread Messages (Number in parenthesis is unread messages)
   DRiPs for U.S. Investors (21989)      DRiPs for Canadian Investors (39318)      Beginners Corner (19591)      U.S. Money and Tax Matters (4894)   
   Stock Talk (19954)      Overlooked Stocks (3217)      MoneyPaper Specials (2623)      Share Exchange (35321)   
   Brokerage, T.A., & Bank Accounts (3424)      Bugs and Recommendations (3175)   

This website is maintained by George L Smyth